Monday 12 September 2016

Winter

Winter because it's the season after Autumn... Autumn - leaves... Yeah... It makes sense I swear.
Following the Bendigo Writers Festival my brain felt as though it had been through a marathon of intelligence and knowledge and was slightly winded and bruised. I am incredibly grateful for the experience of being able to learn from the array of speakers. I feel as though each of them brought something completely different to the festival and I was able to learn about a large array of topics rather than just looking at the one, which was my goal at the start because my interests are so varying. Now though, I think the knowledge needs to stew a while and so I focus on awards. Obviously there was the assessment task where we were expected to present an award to one of the guests of the festival, for a reason that we have created. Bronchitis kept me from participating in this, however it was an idea that stayed with me regardless and throughout the festival, irrelevant to the assessment task, I found myself thinking of awards that I could present each speaker with. And so, I made a list of the speakers and events that I went to and awarded each on with their own individual title, indicative of how I felt the session went and their overall impact on me. This simple task is a form of reflection as I look back over the sessions and consider the ideas that have been presented to me and the overall success of my involvement. Below I've made a list of the speakers that I saw during the Friday and Saturday of the festival and the awards that I'd made up for them by the end of their talks.

Friday @ Ulumbarra theatre

TMts Opening session with the line up of writers: LOOK AT ME awards to all 

TMts Session 2 with Sean Williams and James Moloney: Ying & Yang awards

Keeping up Appearances with Gabrielle Tozer & Jaclyn Moriarty: 'There are 2 types' awards

TMts Session 12 with Isabelle Carmody: Best Chick award 

Saturday @ Trades Hall

Girls, boys with James Maloney, Jaclyn Moriarty, Diana Sweeney: Battle of the sexes award

Knowledge is power with Peter Doherty: Smart cookie award... like, the smartest cookie. All of the cookies.

What Music Says with Doug Falconer, Peggy Frew, Mick Thomas: Tortured artist awards

Saturday night @ Ulbumbarra theatre

Julian Assange: Best bloke award. All of the awards. Just take them all.



No comments:

Post a Comment