Monday 12 September 2016

Assange you glad you came?


Okay, that pun was terrible... but it was the only thing that I could think of with the limited time I feel like I have get my thoughts onto "paper" surrounding the live stream interview with Julian Assange.
I wish that I was smarter so that I had the intellectual ability to vocalise and transcribe that interview. Though I feel smarter just from listening to him speak, I don't feel like I could ever perfectly explain the greatness that was in that room.

In fact, instead of insulting every one by trying to reinterpret or explain the depth of Assange's ideas and comments I'll let him showcase it himself:






 Again I am reminded that there are good people in the world, people with a deeper purpose then their own selfish fulfilment. One idea in particular that I liked from the session was that as a person who must absorb everything around you, you must have quite a thin skin. But then as someone who receives a lot of criticism you must also develop a thick skin and the trouble lies in being able to switch from one to the other as need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment